|Climate - Tools||Tools for weather and climate data.||19|
|Garden - Fractals||Fractals||6|
|Garden - Games||Games||2|
|Garden - Introducing Tool Programming||A set of basic SAGA tool programming examples.||14|
|Garden - Web Service Data Access||Web Service Data Access||2|
|Grid - Analysis||Some Grid Analysis Tools.||16|
|Grid - Calculus||Grid based or related calculations.||20|
|Grid - Calculus BSL||Boehner's Simple Language (BSL) is a macro script language for grid based calculations.||2|
|Grid - Filter||Tools for the manipulation of gridded data.||19|
|Grid - Filter (Perego 2009)||Contributions from Alessandro Perego. Go to www.webalice.it/alper78/saga_mod for further information.||8|
|Grid - Gridding||Tools for the gridding of points and other vector data.||9|
|Grid - Spline Interpolation||Several spline interpolation/approximation methods for the gridding of scattered data. In most cases the 'Multilevel B-spline Interpolation' might be the optimal choice. ||6|
|Grid - Tools||Tools for the manipulation of gridded data.||37|
|Grid Collection - Grid Collection Tools||Tools for grid collections.||3|
|Imagery - Classification||Classification tools for grids.||7|
|Imagery - Maximum Entropy||Maximum entropy based classification and prediction.||2|
|Imagery - OpenCV||OpenCV - "Open Source Computer Vision Library"
|Imagery - Photogrammetry||Photogrammetry tools.||2|
|Imagery - SVM||Interface to LIBSVM - A Library for Support Vector Machines.
Chang, C.-C. / Lin, C.-J. (2011): A library for support vector machines. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, vol.2/3, p.1-27. LIBSVM Homepage.
|Imagery - Segmentation||Image segmentation algorithms.||4|
|Imagery - Tools||Image processing and analysis tools.||15|
|Imagery - ViGrA||ViGrA - "Vision with Generic Algorithms"
ViGrA is a novel computer vision library that puts its main emphasize on customizable algorithms and data structures. By using template techniques similar to those in the C++ Standard Template Library (STL), you can easily adapt any ViGrA component to the needs of your application, without thereby giving up execution speed.
Find out more at the ViGrA - Vision with Generic Algorithms - homepage:
|Import/Export - DXF||Tools for the import and export of DXF files.||1|
|Import/Export - ESRI E00||Import and export filter for ESRI's E00 file exchange format.||1|
|Import/Export - GDAL/OGR||Interface to Frank Warmerdam's Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL).
|Import/Export - GPS Tools||Tools for GPS data handling.||2|
|Import/Export - Grids||Tools for the import and export of gridded data.||16|
|Import/Export - Images||Image Import/Export.||4|
|Import/Export - ODBC/OTL||Database access via Open Data Base Connection (ODBC) interface. Based on the OTL (Oracle, Odbc and DB2-CLI Template Library), Version 4.0: http://otl.sourceforge.net/||12|
|Import/Export - PostgreSQL||Accessing PostgreSQL databases.||18|
|Import/Export - Shapes||Tools for the import and export of vector data.||23|
|Import/Export - Tables||Tools for the import and export of tables.||4|
|Import/Export - Virtual||Tools for the handling of virtual datasets.||7|
|Projection - Georeferencing||Tools for the georeferencing of spatial data.||7|
|Projection - Proj.4||Projection routines make use of the Proj.4 Cartographic Projections library.
Proj.4 was originally developed by Gerald Evenden and later continued by the United States Department of the Interior, Geological Survey (USGS).
Proj.4 Version is Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012
|Reports - HTML||Reports and document creation in Hypertext Mark Up Language (HTML) format.||2|
|Reports - PDF||Reports in Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF export is based on libharu.||3|
|Shapes - Grid Tools||Tools related to gridded and vector data (conversions, combinations, etc.).||13|
|Shapes - Lines||Tools for lines.||10|
|Shapes - Point Clouds||Tools for point clouds.||15|
|Shapes - Points||Tools for the manipulation of point vector data.||21|
|Shapes - Polygons||Tools for polygons.||19|
|Shapes - Tools||Tools for the manipulation of vector data.||27|
|Shapes - Transects||A SAGA tool to create transects through polygon files.||1|
|Simulation - Cellular Automata||Cellular Automata||2|
|Simulation - Erosion||Modelling erosion processes.||1|
|Simulation - Fire Spreading Analysis||Fire spreading analyses based on the BEHAVE fire modeling system supported by the U.S. Forest Service, Fire and Aviation Management. Find more information on BEHAVE at the Public Domain Software for the Wildland Fire Community at http://fire.org
Andrews, P.L. (1986): BEHAVE: Fire Behavior Prediction and Fuel Modeling System - Burn Subsystem, Part 1. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service General, Technical Report INT-194. ||2|
|Simulation - Geomorphology||This library contains tools for the simulation of geomorphological processes.||1|
|Simulation - Hydrology||Modelling hydrological processes.||8|
|Simulation - Hydrology: IHACRES||The metric conceptual rainfall-runoff model IHACRES (Identification of unit Hydrographs and Component flows from Rainfall, Evaporation and Streamflow data) has been implemented as a module library. The IHACRES model was developed by: Jakeman, A.J. and G.M. Hornberger (1993); Jakeman et al. (1990).
The tool can be used to simulate streamflow (catchment runoff) on the basis of daily rainfall and temperature data. No spatial data, such as elevation models, soil or land use maps are required.
IHACRES has been applied to catchments with a wide range of climatologies and sizes (Croke et al., 2004). It has been used to predict streamflow in ungauged catchments (Kokkonen et al., 2003; Post and Jakeman, 1999; Post et al., 1998), to study land cover effects on hydrologic processes (Croke et al., 2004; Kokkonen and Jakeman, 2002), and to investigate dynamic response characteristics and physical catchment descriptors (Kokkonen et al., 2003; Sefton and Howarth, 1998).
More recently, the model has been used to develop a rainfall-runoff database for flood risk assessment and forecasting by Liersch, S. and M. Volk (2008) (pdf).
- Croke, B.F.W., Merritt, W.S., Jakeman, A.J., 2004. A dynamic model for predicting hydrologic response to land cover changes in gauged and ungauged catchments. Journal Of Hydrology 291 (1), 115-31.
- Jakeman, A.J., Littlewood, I.G., Whitehead, P.G., 1990. Computation of the instantaneous unit hydrograph and identifiable component flows with application to two small upland catchments. Journal of Hydrology 117 (1-4), 275-300.
- Jakeman, A.J. and Hornberger, G.M., 1993. How Much Complexity Is Warranted in a Rainfall-Runoff Model?. Water Resources Research 29 (8), 2637-49.
- Kokkonen, T.S., Jakeman, A.J., Young, P.C., Koivusalo, H.J., 2003. Predicting daily flows in ungauged catchments: model regionalization from catchment descriptors at the Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratory. North Carolina Hydrological Processes 17 (11), 2219-38.
- Kokkonen, T.S. and Jakeman, A.J., 2002. Structural Effects of Landscape and Land Use on Streamflow Response. In: Environmental Foresight and Models: A Manifesto, 303-321.
- Liersch, S. and M. Volk, 2008. A rainfall-runoff database to support flood risk assessment. iEMSs 2008: International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software. In: M. Sanchez-Marre, J. Bejar, J. Comas, A. Rizzoli and G. Guariso (Eds.): Proceedings of the iEMSs Fourth Biennial Meeting: International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software (iEMSs 2008). International Environmental Modelling and Software Society, Barcelona, Catalonia, July 2008. Vol. 1: 494-502. ISBN: 978-84-7653-074-0. (PEER reviewed).
- Post, D.A. and Jakeman, A.J., 1999. Predicting the daily streamflow of ungauged catchments in S.E. Australia by regionalising the parameters of a lumped conceptual rainfall-runoff model. Ecological Modelling 123 (2-3), 91-104.
- Post, D.A., Jones, J.A. and Grant, G.E., 1998. An improved methodology for predicting the daily hydrologic response of ungauged catchments. Environmental Modelling & Software 13 (3-4), 395-403.
- Sefton, C.E.M. and Howarth, S.M., 1998. Relationships between dynamic response characteristics and physical descriptors of catchments in England and Wales. Journal of Hydrology 211 (1-4), 1-16.
|Simulation - Landscape Evolution||Tools for landscape evolution modelling.||1|
|Simulation - Modelling the Human Impact on Nature||Numerical models for ecological processes. Examples have been taken from:
Hugget, R.J. (1993): 'Modelling the Human Impact on Nature', Oxford University Press.||3|
|Simulation - QM of ESP||Quantitative Modeling of Earth Surface Processes.
SAGA implementations following the examples from the text book:
Pelletier, J.D. (2008): Quantitative Modeling of Earth Surface Processes. Cambridge, 295p.
|Simulation - RivFlow||RivFlow.||5|
|Spatial and Geostatistics - Grids||Tools for spatial and geostatistical analyses.||16|
|Spatial and Geostatistics - Kriging||Kriging - geostatistical procedures for the gridding of irregular distributed point data.||5|
|Spatial and Geostatistics - Points||Spatial and geostatistical analyses of point data.||5|
|Spatial and Geostatistics - Regression||Tools for regression analyses.||16|
|TIN - Tools||Tools for Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) processing.||7|
|TIN - Visualization||TIN viewer.||1|
|Table - Calculus||Tools for table based analyses and calculations.||9|
|Table - Tools||Tools for the creation and manipulation of tables.||17|
|Terrain Analysis - Channels||Tools for (grid based) digital terrain analysis.||8|
|Terrain Analysis - Compound Analyses||Terrain Analysis: Compound Analyses.
This library depends on the following SAGA tool libraries:
|Terrain Analysis - Hydrology||Tools for digital terrain analysis.||27|
|Terrain Analysis - Lighting, Visibility||Lighting and visibility calculations for digital terrain models.||7|
|Terrain Analysis - Morphometry||Tools for (grid based) digital terrain analysis.||29|
|Terrain Analysis - Preprocessing||Tools for the preprocessing of digital terrain models.||7|
|Terrain Analysis - Profiles||Simple, flow path and swath profiles.||6|
|Terrain Analysis - Slope Stability||Tools for slope stability analyses. Developed by Andreas Günther, BGR, B2.2||6|
|Visualization - 3D Viewer||3D Viewer.||6|
|Visualization - Grids||Visualization tools for grids.||11|
|Visualization - Point Clouds Viewer||Point clouds viewer.||1|